Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A New Chapter Begins

Hello Everyone!


I'm sitting here, in my living room in beautiful Brule, Wisconsin with my dad watching TV. Today is my last full day at home, seeing as I'm leaving tomorrow morning around eight to head down to Chicago to catch my flight. Yes, tomorrow Mom, Dad, and I will head down and spend the night in the Kenosha area. The next day, we'll drive into Chi-town and they will drop me off.

I'm excited about leaving, but I know that my parents(love you guys) worry a lot and are gonna be sad to see me off. I'll miss you guys too! Last night actually, I set them up with a Skype account, and we tested it out with them up on the home computer and me downstairs, on my laptop! It was funny! But, I'm glad they they are all up to date with the technology. I just hope they remember how to use it..... :P

I'm all packed up, just witing for tomorrow to come so I can get all my make-up and computer paked so I can weigh my suitcase a final time. It's surprising how much clothes can weigh, even though there really isn't much of them! My big luggage already weighs almost fifty pounds!!! Uff-da! :P But I do get to use a carry on and a purse (as long as it can fit underneath the seat in front of me.)

Lots of people have been asking me if I'm nervous or anything. And yeah, I'm a bit nervous, but I think it's more pent up energy than anything. I just want all the travel to be over with, and to FINALLY be in England! I've been waiting for this moment since I've been nine, so these last few days are killing me! But, I am not going to take anything for granted. I know that I am blessed to have this chance, and have all of these people around me that have sent me off with love and good wishes. I'm going to miss all of you!

So, here I am, about to head off into one of the most exciting chapters of my life. I hope that I can grow a lot, learn even more, and come back to you all with wonderful stories. And gifts! (if you would like something specific, jsut let me know ;p ) I'll update you in a few days, once I get settled in!

I leave my luggage un-attended for just a moment....and this is what happens.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment